Please carefully read the following information before completing an onsite media credential application for the AKRON WTA Finals Guadalajara.
Deadline: Monday 25 October, 2021
1. The WTA reserves the right to approve or deny credential applications.
2. Each media representative must complete a separate credential application.
3. Onsite media credentials – please note that there is limited space for media on site due to COVID-19 protocols.
4. All onsite media will need to upload a/both certificate(s) displaying full COVID-19 vaccination status into WTA Health & Safety Connect (see below). A Credentialed Attendee is considered fully vaccinated at the time of or later than two (2) weeks after his/her: (i) second dose in a two-dose series; or (ii) single-dose of a one (1) dose vaccine.
5. Written press, radio and broadcasters may conduct 1:1 in-person interviews with athletes and coaches at a designated outdoor location onsite throughout the tournament – subject to player approval. Interviews must be 15 minutes or less in duration, with a minimum of two meters/ six feet physical distance between participants. Masks must be worn at all times by members of the media.
6. All applications from freelance journalists must be accompanied by a letter from the editor of the media outlet or publication you are representing at the Akron WTA Finals Guadalajara.
7. Media credentials are not transferable and must be collected by the credentialed representative.
8. Please note that any media bringing TV/video recording equipment (including filming with smartphones) on site must declare their equipment in advance in order to film on site. Only TV rights holders can film during matches. Note: All microphones must be covered with a single use plastic or wiped down between each use; the sanitizing of the microphone is the responsibility of the Media staff that maintain the equipment.
Aplicación “WTA Health & Safety Connect”
Each onsite media member is required to register, upload their vaccination record(s), and conduct daily symptom screening via the WTA Health & Safety Connect application by clicking on the following link (or scanning the QR code): https://healthconnect.wtatennis.com/login
It is recommended all media register for the app and upload all information in advanced of attending the tournament. Be sure to mark your role as “media” when you sign up. The app will not mark you as clear until you check in to the tournament.
In addition, all onsite media must submit to a COVID-19 antigen test upon entry for the first day on site as well as every three days. Costs for antigen tests only for media will be covered by the WTA; all other COVID-19 tests and associated costs are the responsibility of the credentialed attendee.
Official Media Hotel
The AKRON WTA Finals Guadalajara official media hotel is the Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club. More information is available here.
King or Twin room – Single occupancy: USD 118 + 16% tax + 3% city tax
King or Twin room – Double occupancy: USD 135 + 16% tax + 3% city tax
Breakfast and tips included in all rates above
There will be regular transport shuttles between the hotel and the venue. COVID-19 testing will also be available at the hotel.
Hotel Reservations – Once an application for an onsite media credential has been submitted through the system, a hotel reservation page and link will become available.
Booking deadline is Monday 25 October, 2021
All hotel reservation enquiries should be made to Paulina Robinson – firstname.lastname@example.org – +52 47 7840 0062.